Looking for an easy, delicious breakfast that’s a retreat from the norm but also SO easy to put together? Look no further!
I went to the farmers market this weekend and I stocked up on more stone fruit than usual. I got seven peaches just for myself which sounded like a great idea at the time, but when I got home, I realized that I had waaaay too many for one person. I immediately thought about recipes I could make using peaches and that is how this recipe for vanilla honey caramelized peaches with yogurt was born!
These vanilla honey caramelized peaches are seriously delicious and come together in a matter of minutes! When you spoon them over yogurt and top them with toasted walnuts, you get the perfect summer breakfast that you’ll want to make over and over again.
The peaches are thinly sliced and simmered over medium-low heat with vanilla-infused honey. The peach slices sop up all of the delicious honey and vanilla flavors while getting caramelized and soft, almost like a peach pie filling. The peaches are then spooned over creamy, slightly tart Greek yogurt and are topped with a drizzle of the vanilla honey and a handful of toasted walnuts. I don’t know about you, but I’m drooling just thinking about it!
Something I also LOVE about this recipe is that it’s super versatile. You can easily swap out the ingredients and make it your own! Here are some ideas:
- The Fruit You can swap out the peaches for plums, nectarines, figs, or really any soft fruit you have on hand. This would also be delicious with strawberries or blackberries!
- The Nuts You can choose any toasted nut you love to top the dish off with! Pistachios, almonds, pine nuts are all great options but feel free to go crazy! You could even top this with your favorite granola.
- The Base I chose Greek yogurt as my base, but if Greek yogurt isn’t your thing, you can swap it out for a dairy free yogurt or any other type of plain yogurt. Something else you can do if you’re feeling really crazy is turn this into a dessert and swap out the yogurt for vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt…YUM!
- FOR THE VANILLA HONEY
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- FOR THE CARAMELIZED PEACH AND YOGURT DISH
- 1 Tbsp vanilla honey (from above recipe), plus a little extra for garnish
- ½ peach, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts, broken up
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- MAKE THE VANILLA HONEY: In a small saucepan over low heat, add the honey and vanilla extract and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- MAKE THE CARAMELIZED PEACH AND YOGURT DISH: Add 1 Tbsp of the vanilla honey you just made to a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the peach slices and allow to cook for about 3 minutes on each side.
- While the peaches are caramelizing, add the yogurt to a bowl and set aside.
- When the peaches are done cooking, transfer them to the bowl of yogurt and drizzle with a little bit of the reserved vanilla honey.
- Finish with the toasted walnut pieces and enjoy!